Mastering the Art of Delegation
There will come a time in your business when you feel besieged with the day to day operations. There is simply too much for one person to achieve while remaining efficient and effective. You may find that you have numerous tasks to complete without enough time to get them all done. It is this realization, the “Ah ha” moment, that you recognize delegating these projects and tasks to an assistant would make your life, your business, much more productive.
Delegation is an advantageous productivity tool we frequently hear about – one that will certainly make a substantial transformation in your businesses in terms of amplified income and more free time for you! BUT, many are timid about beginning the process for fear of relinquishing control of parts of our business processes and procedures.
Delegation for entrepreneurs is imperative for success! When you outsource your tasks and projects, you are able to focus on more important responsibilities that only you can do to cultivate your business and generate revenue. The art of delegation is an indispensable part of establishing a growing business.
What stops people from delegating:
- They feel they are too disorganized to illustrate what needs to be done.
- They believe they don’t have the financial means. (It is actually more cost effective to partner with a Virtual Assistant as you only pay for project time).
- They feel their schedules are too hectic to take the time to delegate. (If you are this busy, your time restraints will only increase without delegation).
- They feel someone else won’t do it the same way or be as efficient (A virtual assistant is a solo-preneur like yourself: efficiency, productivity and industry expertise IS our business. We know of different tools and tips to professionally manage your projects in a proficient, resourceful manner).
Each of the above objections emphasizes the necessity to delegate. As long as you continue to clutch the tasks that obstruct you from growing your business, you will feel exasperated, overwhelmed, and unproductive.
Delegating will free up your time. It enables you to eliminate low-priority tasks while allowing you to concentrate your efforts on those business procedures that will enhance your productivity and profit margin. Your time and energy should be committed to creating new products or services, networking, consulting with clients and prospects, forming strategic alliances, expanding into new markets, business development, social media engagement and so forth. These are tasks that only YOU can do. They are your CORE GENIUS.
Partnering with a Virtual Assistant is a worthwhile, cost effective investment. You only pay for project time, there are no benefits, training, office space or equipment, vacation time pay, insurances or payroll taxes. It is a win-win situation.
- Is delegating a logical next step to help grow my business?
- How much time am I spending on tasks that impede my progression and waste my time?
- What are my most pressing issues or pain points that usurp most of my time?
- Have I been able to accomplish ALL of my daily To Do list items?
- If I delegated tasks, how would I utilize an additional 5-8 hours per week?
- How would I feel if I only worked on income generating tasks and released the more administrative projects to a virtual assistant?
Delegation for entrepreneurs is the perfect low cost, high impact tool to help expand and develop your business without having to increase responsibilities or sacrifice your personal time with your family. The bottom line is that delegation is sensible alternative to help you facilitate your business tasks and projects offering you the advantage of a vested partner. Your sounding board, brainstorming colleague, valued and expert assistant who revels at your successes and supports you 100%.
Learn to delegate, and you will soon see advancements in your business, exponential changes, that you only hoped could happen. A successful business requires focus, commitment and time and by outsourcing those non-income producing tasks, you can take your enterprise to the next level.
“The first rule of management is delegation. Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t.”
– Anthea Turner
About the author: Suzie Kummins-Poirier, a.k.a AceConcierge, is a virtual assistant working with entrepreneurs and business people who care to focus on their core genius by delegating the much-needed but time-consuming everyday tasks of managing business. With 30 years experience within corporate and working remotely with clients, Suzie has built a career supporting hundreds of business professionals in propelling their businesses to increased income and laser-sharp focus. Follow Suzie on Twitter, via her blog and on Facebook.