Do You Love or Hate Facebook?
Facebook is a love it or leave it kind of platform. The people who love it LOVE it…the people who hate it avoid it like wildfire.
I personally love it. I live four hours away from my home town so Facebook is often my only way of keeping up with what is going on in the lives of my brother, sisters and numerous nieces, nephews, friends and family. I get to see Halloween costumes, engagement rings, and baby pictures all from afar. And I am not alone in my love (ok…obsession) with Facebook.
As it turns out, I am part of a very large group of people who love Facebook. As of October 6, 2013 there were 1.26 billion total users on Facebook. Here are a couple of other interesting stats:
- Total number of Facebook daily active users – 728 million (October 30, 2013)
- Daily active users in the US – 128 million (August 13, 2013)
- Number of Facebook users in China (which is blocked) – 87 million (October 3, 2013)
- The country with the most active Facebook users is Canada (August 23, 2013)
- Total number of Facebook friend connections – 150 billion (February 1, 2013)
- Total number of likes since launch – 1.13 trillion
Below is a fun video “5 Super Weird Facts about Facebook” that was created by Mashable. Don’t forget to tell me in the comments section what you love and hate about Facebook. Who knows…you just might be the inspiration for my next blog.
About the author: Jody Higgins is the CEO, Chief Social Media Strategist, and Owner of My Virtual Assistant Service, a multi-VA firm that specializes in creating and implementing social media and online marketing strategies to build brand awareness, increase website traffic and make more money for her clients. Jody also enjoys coaching and teaching entrepreneurs on all aspects of social media, as well as small business leadership. You can also find Jody and My Virtual Assistant Service on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.