Are you Sitting on the Fence About e-Newsletters?
There has been much research done on the benefits of e-newsletters. It is more cost effective to grow your business through interactions with existing clients than it is in pursuing new clients. However, a subscriber on your contact list is a potential valuable asset for your business and one to be nurtured by providing valuable content and creating trust.
There are many reasons why you should be running email marketing campaigns – engaging your existing clients, gaining new ones and putting yourself ahead of the competition.
Still sitting on the fence about sending e-newsletters?
The following reasons and benefits may just have you stepping off the fence to sending your first e-newsletter:
- Keep your clients informed of new products or services.
- Send an e-newsletter with up-to-date industry news, changes to legislation and more.
- An e-newsletter increases the lifetime value of your clients.
- An e-newsletter is a very cost-efficient and cost-effective way to reach your clients.
- An e-newsletter to clients invariably produces a higher response rate because it is being sent to a more receptive audience.
- An e-newsletter can position you as a thought leader and expert in your field.
- You can nurture, build relationships and create trust with current and prospective clients.
- An e-newsletter enhances your reputation.
- A regular e-newsletter drives measurable traffic to your website.
- An e-newsletter provides instantaneous trackable results.
- An e-newsletter can generate an immediate response.
- Provide customers with pre-release information on products to enhance sales.
- Clients actually welcome e-newsletters which educate and inform.
- Customised offers to loyal customers, makes them feel special.
- An e-newsletter is more cost efficient than a printed newsletter because of the savings in time, printing and mailing costs.
- You can analyse peoples actions to your e-newsletters; giving you a better understanding of your clients.
With e-newsletters you are able to track various data and see how your email marketing campaigns are doing. For example you can see how many people open your email, which links were clicked, which emails have bounced and track conversions (sales) as a result of each e-newsletter sent.
Research by Experian published in August 2012 highlighted that 69 per cent of consumers cited email as their preferred channel through which to receive brand communications.
The 2012 Marketing Channel and Engagement Benchmark Survey found, email remains the most popular marketing channel, with 97% of respondents leveraging it for marketing campaigns.
Is it time you stepped down off the fence and sent your first e-newsletter?
About the author: Anne Headen owner of Acusmart PA is a Virtual Assistant based in the UK. Anne works in close partnership with her clients, helping them to grow and develop their business. Along with admin and business support, she provides event organisation, WordPress website design and maintenance, email marketing and social media management.
Follow her on Twitter @AcusmartPA.