Why You Need to Delegate to a Virtual Assistant
There will come a time in your business when you feel plagued with the never ending amount of tasks and projects required to successfully operate your company. In a state of overwhelm, there is simply too much for one person to achieve while remaining efficient, effective and balanced. You may find that you have numerous responsibilities to complete but not enough hours in the day.
- You don’t have time to focus on your core genius
- Low income tasks usurp your valuable time
- Your work/life balance it out of whack
- You have a set of tasks you need completed that are outside your skill set or expertise
- You have missed deadlines or appointments
- You spend hours updating your social media platforms, taking you away from your high payoff tasks and projects
- You are having trouble finding time to research, update and syndicate your blog posts
- You haven’t published a recent e-newsletter
- There are 5424 emails in your inbox
- Your You Tube channel is collecting dust
- You consistently procrastinate on tasks because you simply don’t enjoy doing them
- You don’t have the time to devote to working ON your business rather than IN it
“The first rule of management is delegation. Don’t try and do everything yourself because you can’t.”Anthea Turner
If Chris Ducker can outline 101 Tasks that you can outsource to a Virtual Assistant, can you just imagine what you are holding on to? For example, he listed categories ranging from email marketing, administrative and blogging, email and schedule management tasks, to content writer, SEO and graphic design. Under each category there were bulleted lists of tasks/projects to be delegated. It was quite extensive and really makes me think about all of the daily non-income producing items that you don’t delegate. I understand you may get into the groove and just keep going with a project, but at what cost to the rest of your business?
- Is delegating a logical next step to help grow my business?
- How much time am I spending on tasks that impede my progression and waste my time?
- What are my most pressing issues or pain points that command most of my time?
- Have I been able to accomplish ALL of my daily To Do list items?
- If I delegated tasks, how would I utilize an additional 5-8 hours per week?
- How would I feel if I only worked on income generating tasks and released the more administrative projects to a virtual assistant?
The inability to delegate is one of the biggest problems I see with managers at all levels. Eli Broad
There is no need to struggle with your business operations and daily tasks when you have the opportunity to outsource. It will save you time and money. With 168 hours in the work week, it is important to choose your activities and projects that make the most sense for yourself and your business. If you find yourself in floury of needless activities that aren’t producing desired outcomes or generating revenue, then it may be time to consider working with a Virtual Assistant to give you back your time and passion to focus on your business. If you are still teetering on the fence a bit, you might enjoy reading: 5 Mental Roadblocks to Partnering with a Virtual Assistant
2014 is here. It’s time to do something different. Make new inroads; greater progress.
Outsourcing is a low cost, high payoff tool to assist you with your organizational growth. There are only so many hats we entrepreneurs can wear at one time, before our do it all mentality ends up costing us either lost time, opportunities, accounts, business development or free time. Why aren’t you delegating?
“When I am speaking with new business owners, or ones that can’t seem to find the time to get everything done, the very first piece of advice I offer is to partner with a virtual assistant.” M. Shannon Hernandez
About the author: Suzie Kummins-Poirier, a.k.a AceConcierge, is a virtual assistant working with entrepreneurs and business people who care to focus on their core genius by delegating the much-needed but time-consuming everyday tasks of managing business. With 30 years experience within corporate and working remotely with clients, Suzie has built a career supporting hundreds of business professionals in propelling their businesses to increased income and laser-sharp focus. Follow Suzie on Twitter, via her blog and on Facebook.
- 5 Things You Should Know About Working with a Virtual Assistant
- Team Up With a Virtual Assistant
- Delegating to a Virtual Assistant Creates Value for Your Business
- Our Smart Guide to Virtual Assistance is FREE This Week
- If You Target Your Market You WILL Get More Clients!
- Do You Love or Hate Facebook?
- Hiring a Virtual Assistant? How To Make It Work
- Build a Global Business With Virtual Assistants
- Why You Need an Online Presence and How It Will Help You Make More Money
- How Important is Customer Service?
- Beed Virtual Assistants on The Benefits of Hiring Virtual Assistants Versus In-House Employees
- Rod - VA Philippines on Team Up With a Virtual Assistant
- 10 Things to Consider Before Contracting With a Virtual Assistant | A Virtual Blessing | Christian Virtual Assistant |Social Media Manager on Questions to Ask a Prospective Virtual Assistant #3: Why are you interested in working with me/my company?
- Where to Start: Delegating to a Virtual Assistant | A Virtual Blessing Virtual Assistant Services | Christian Virtual Assistant on How to Delegate to a Virtual Assistant Part 2: The Benefits of Effective Delegation
- 10 Things to Consider Before Contracting With a Virtual Assistant | A Virtual Blessing Virtual Assistant Services | Christian Virtual Assistant on Questions to Ask a Prospective Virtual Assistant #2: What are your fees?