A Virtual Assistant is More Than a Virtual Secretary
Ask any established virtual assistant, or an entrepreneur or business owner who has experience working with a virtual assistant, what a virtual assistant is and does and they’ll likely rattle off a litany of positive attributes, stellar services, and anecdotes of VAs saving the day.
While business administration is the cornerstone of any virtual assistant practice and most VAs will provide the requisite services such as data entry, contacts management, editing, documents management, and more a qualified virtual assistant brings much more to the table than secretarial skills. Rita Cartwright, a virtual assistant since 2002, does a wonderful job explaining the concept of a truly invested virtual assistant in an article called “Your Business Success is our Success”
When you contract with a Virtual Assistant, you get more than just an employee. We have a vested interest in your business success. Since we are entrepreneurs and small business owners, we know what it takes to operate a business, how to market our services, as well as develop our businesses. In addition to completing your tasks, we provide you with information, suggestions, or ideas that perhaps will help you in your business, because we want you to succeed. Your success is our success.
The assistance you receive from us is quite different than the support you would obtain from a secretary or administrative assistant. We have the mindset of a business owner rather than that of an employee. As I mentioned earlier, we will have a vested interest in your business. We understand what you are dealing with, because we are faced with the same concerns and situations. (Read the full article here.)
8 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- Tips to Ensure a Good Recording for Your Transcript
- Top Five Traits of a Professional Virtual Assistant
- Common Virtual Assistant Misconceptions
- 5 Ways Business Owners Can Outsource Their Day
- Tips for Using a Virtual Assistant to Manage Your Calendar
- How to Synchronize Your Business Life with Evernote
- Three Ways to Outsource Social Media to Your Virtual Assistant
- Is Your Email Inbox Consuming Your Workday?
- How a Virtual Assistant Can Help With Teleseminars And Workshops
- 13 Essential Management Tips to Get Results
- Francis on 7 Things to Consider Before Hiring a Virtual Assistant
- Janine Gregor on 5 Things You Should Know About Working with a Virtual Assistant
- Beed Virtual Assistants on The Benefits of Hiring Virtual Assistants Versus In-House Employees
- Rod - VA Philippines on Team Up With a Virtual Assistant
- 10 Things to Consider Before Contracting With a Virtual Assistant | A Virtual Blessing | Christian Virtual Assistant |Social Media Manager on Questions to Ask a Prospective Virtual Assistant #3: Why are you interested in working with me/my company?